The recent decision by the government to extend the present restrictions on gatherings due to Covid 19 means that the number allowed at each of our Masses will remain at 50 until August 10th at least. This decision was taken due to a worrying rise in the number of reported cases over the last two weeks. In this serious situation we must do everything we can to abide by these guidelines and reduce the numbers at each Mass. Please note the following:
- There is no obligation to attend Mass on Sunday for the time being, nor is there any obligation to attend Mass on any day.
- If at all possible, please attend a weekday Mass rather than a Sunday one.
- Please attend Mass once a week only for now.
- If you are feeling unwell or somebody in your household is feeling unwell, please do not come to Mass.
- In line with government guidelines, please wear a face covering in the church.
Please sit in designated seats and behind a white dot to ensure social distancing. Groups from the same household may sit closer together.
Our experience to date has been that the biggest problem with numbers is with our Sunday Masses. We must do all we can to keep those numbers down. If you have attended Sunday Mass already this month, please do not come this weekend.
The Mass schedule for the week is now as follows:
- The 8am Mass is resuming from Monday to Friday
- Mass at 10am Monday to Saturday.
- Evening Masses on Wednesday and Friday at 7.30pm
- Vigil Mass on Saturday at 6.10pm
- Mass at 8, 10 and 12 on Sunday morning.
Our information line continues to operate at 4636508 from 2-4pm Wednesday to Saturday. If you ring this line we can give you information as to what Masses have space available.